Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First weekend of baseball!

Coach Jeff Jenkins called us last week to ask us if Brody could play on their team.  He knows that Brody is younger than everyone else, but Phillip and I are both athletic so Brody will do just fine! (Those were Jeff's words! :) )  Phillip and I were so excited for the game.  We showed up early to find out that Jimmy Hollingsworth and Joey Jenkins kids also play on the team.  It was a great reunion for the boys daddy's.  This momma was a little nervous.  I wasn't sure how Brody would react to paying coach pitch.  He's only played one season of T-ball.  My little guy walked up to the plate like he had played this game 100 times before!  John Jenkins his pitching.  He's razing Brody a little bit.  He was asking me if he should push Brody off the plate!  We were all cracking up!  Then it happened.  My boy got a hit!  This mommy teared up instantly!  I was so proud of B!  Brody also fielded a couple balls!  Brody got up a second time and got another hit!  What can I say...he's a natural! 

Brody had another game on Sunday.  This day wasn't as successful.  We had a birthday swimming party and Johnny's baseball game before Brody's game.  PLUS...it was HOT HOT HOT and we had quite the crowd Sunday!!!   Brody wanted to play in the dirt and eat bubblegum!  He did go 2 for 3 at the plate!  This is my competitiveness kicking in and wanting my 4 year old to perform!!!!  We are excited again for practice tonight!!!  We have another game Thursday night at 6:00! :)  















No comments:

Post a Comment